Sunday, March 28, 2010

Lessons Learned from Sunday

I love my church. I feel like I say this often, but I really do! I love the teaching of God's Word, I love the fellowship, I love the worship. I just love church!

Today Pastor continued his message from Matthew 13 on bearing fruit for Christ. One of the things that Pastor said really stood out to me.

In life, we are all expected to meet "quotas." If doctors don't do a good job at diagnosing people, they won't have patients. If lawyers don't win cases, they won't have clients. If students don't succeed in their classes, they can't attend school. The list goes on and on. It is natural that we meet quotas in life.

Pastor posed the question about Christians not being expected to meet "quotas." He was not talking about doing a certain number of "good works" to meet a quota or anything like that, but just living a life for Christ in general.

It really made me step back and think. It is easy for me to float along in your Christian walk and in some ways, not expect much of myself for Christ. If this isn't ok in any other area of my life, why should it be ok in the most important area of my life. I should constantly be striving to do more for God.

Pastor gave several ways to produce spiritual fruit. They are as follows:
  1. Actively doing the will of God
  2. Living a holy life (right actions)
  3. A heart attitude that is like Jesus (right attitude and right reactions)
  4. Constructive speech
  5. Leading people to a relationship with God
  6. Loving actions that meet the needs of others
  7. Praise and thanksgiving to God
There is so much more that I could say about what I learned today from God's Word. I've just been mulling this all over in my heart and mind the rest of the day and thought I would share.

If you would be interested in hearing the sermon, it should be posted soon here as "We are Farmers (2)." It would definitely be well worth your time.

Hope you had a wonderful Sunday!

Kathryne

0 comments:

Post a Comment