Friday, March 12, 2010

Exercise Update

I am trying to keep myself somewhat accountable on exercising and weight loss. Nothing too big to report this week. We only exercised two times last week. I was excited because I was starting to feel a difference, but after not exercising very much last week, I am feeling just as flabby as before.

We have had a busy week this week, which has made it hard to exercise. But, we were able to exercise on Wednesday right after work. It felt good to get at it again, but I could definitely tell that I wasn't where I was last week in my endurance.

We went over to my parent's house earlier this week for dinner. Over dinner they were sharing with us that their employer is doing a health and wellness program where employees get points for doing different things (i.e. taking so many steps a day, drinking so much water, exercising for so long, etc.). They have only been doing it a few weeks and we can already tell that they are slimming down (NOT like my parents need to, they are already thin). My mom was sharing that if the employees are not at the "healthy weight" for their height and bone type, then they have to lose 2% of their body weight by the next weigh in.

Ugh. I was very discouraged to hear how far above the "healthy weight" I am. I was at the top of the healthy weight range when we got married and my goal was to get close to that. I'll be honest, right now that seems like a big feat. I guess I'll just have to take one step at a time - literally!

Happy exercising!

Kathryne

0 comments:

Post a Comment