Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Crustless Apple Pie

The other night we had men's prayer meeting at our house. We usually have a small snack after prayer meeting and I felt like I had absolutely nothing in the house - no brownie mix, no chocolate chips, no anything! I had gone into the office instead of working from home that day, so I didn't have a lot of time to work on something.

On my forty-five minute drive home, which is exactly the reason I now work at home, I brainstormed, trying to think of something to make. I finally remembered that I had a few apples, but I definitely didn't have time to make a pie crust. That is when I came up with the idea for a crustless apple pie. I turned to my trusty search engine and found a recipe.

The final product was more like an apple cake, but it sure was delicious - and fairly healthy too! The following is my tweaked recipe.

Crustless Apple Pie - Prep time - 10 minutes; Cook time - 45 minutes
1 c. brown sugar
1 1/4 c. white sugar
3 eggs
3 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
3 chopped apples (with skin on)
1 c. nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all of the ingredients except the apples and nuts. The batter will be stiff and even crumbly. Add the apples and nuts to the batter. The juice from the apples should make the batter easier to mix. Pour batter into a greased pie plate (it fits perfectly in a 9"). Bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Here is a picture of the batter. I forgot to snap a picture before we ate it. Maybe next time!


Hope you enjoy this as much as we did!

Kathryne

0 comments:

Post a Comment